Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ability to relocate the sound library is locked by permissions

After relocating all my Logic Pro X Sound Library files to my external hard drive, I now cannot access those files nor access the Relocate Sound Library window. I updated my MacBook Pro to Catalina after moving my Sound Library to the hard drive because I then had enough space to update as I only have a quarter terabyte of space. I want to be able to access those Sound Library files on my hard drive but permissions is locked even though I am certainly admin on my own MacBook, is this a bug from Catalina or can it be fixed with the permissions?

Error message: The file “Logic” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 5:57 AM

Reading your post again, I realize I may hay have misunderstood your problem.

In Catalina there is a new security setting.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy. Select Files and Folders on the left. Is Logic authorized to use Removable Volumes?

Also check folder permissions on the external drive in the Folder Inspector.

As I don't use Catalina, I cannot test it.

Hope that helps,

WD

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2019 5:57 AM in response to NathanBliz

Reading your post again, I realize I may hay have misunderstood your problem.

In Catalina there is a new security setting.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy. Select Files and Folders on the left. Is Logic authorized to use Removable Volumes?

Also check folder permissions on the external drive in the Folder Inspector.

As I don't use Catalina, I cannot test it.

Hope that helps,

WD

my ability to relocate the sound library is locked by permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.