Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2015 MacBook Air to Dual Monitor Display

I have an early 2015 11” MacBook Air which I am trying to connect with two monitors at my office. I have been successful in connecting it to one monitor by using a Thunderbolt 2 male to HDMI adapter, but the adapter only has one HDMI port. If I were to find a Thunderbolt 2 male to dual HDMI adapter would this solve my problem?

Note: I don’t want to just mirror the devices, I want them to operate as three separate screens, being able to have different functions on each screen. 

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 6:22 AM

Hello jpaddock13,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It's understandable to want to be able to connect to a third monitor. I'll explain.

That particular MacBook Air only supports one screen for an additional display. You can learn more from the tech specs here: MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) - Technical Specifications

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2019 6:22 AM in response to jpaddock13

Hello jpaddock13,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It's understandable to want to be able to connect to a third monitor. I'll explain.

That particular MacBook Air only supports one screen for an additional display. You can learn more from the tech specs here: MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) - Technical Specifications

Cheers.

Early 2015 MacBook Air to Dual Monitor Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.