Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t find Announce Messages with Siri

I have an iPhone XS running iOS 13.3 and 2nd gen AirPods but I cannot find the option to Announce Messages with Siri. It is not in Notifications or Siri & Search. I have disconnected/“forgotten” my AirPods and turned off my phone multiple times. Has anybody found any other work arounds to get this setting to appear?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 8:32 AM

Had the same problem and found the solution...

1. Plug in your AirPods and bring your iOS device near them.
  2. Open the lid, while the AirPods are still plugged in, to initiate pairing and firmware update.
  3. Make sure they paired by going to Settings > General > About and seeing AirPods listed near the bottom of the list.
  4. Go back to the main screen of Settings and continue to Notifications. You will now see the “Announce Messages with Siri” option.

Good luck!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 8:32 AM in response to Aleigh1390

Had the same problem and found the solution...

1. Plug in your AirPods and bring your iOS device near them.
  2. Open the lid, while the AirPods are still plugged in, to initiate pairing and firmware update.
  3. Make sure they paired by going to Settings > General > About and seeing AirPods listed near the bottom of the list.
  4. Go back to the main screen of Settings and continue to Notifications. You will now see the “Announce Messages with Siri” option.

Good luck!!

Can’t find Announce Messages with Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.