Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to macOS 10.15.2 and now can

I upgraded to macOS 10.15.2 (Catalina) and now can't download videos from my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 camera because it uses AVCHD/H.264 and Catalina doesn't support that. I had no inkling (or warning) this problem would occur when I upgraded. When I download photos (which go into Photos okay), the videos which previously downloaded "jes fine" are not even recognized as existing. I assume this is a 32 bit vs. 64 bit problem but I still want to access the videos on my camera. Any Ideas how to do that? Any software that will access those videos for me? Help!!!

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 12:22 PM

See if Image Capture can recognize the videos on your camera and download them to a folder on the Desktop or into Photos.

Catalina does support AVCHD according to this Apple document: About incompatible media in iMovie for macOS - Apple Support. See the section titled Formats compatible with macOS Catalina.

Similar questions

2 replies

I upgraded to macOS 10.15.2 and now can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.