Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes

Hi there, my 1st generation iPad says 'iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes'. But when I connect the iPad to my Windows laptop that has iTunes installed, iTunes says 'iTunes could not connect to the iPad because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes'. When I enter the iPad passcode and click 'Try again' in iTunes, the same error continues to display on both the iPad and iTunes. Any suggestions?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 5:10 AM

See if this helps: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 21, 2019 5:16 AM in response to kb1951

Thanks for your help but this step isn't working for me: Connect your device to your computer while holding the Top button. Keep holding the Top button until you see the recovery mode screen.

Instead of seeing the recovery mode screen, my iPad opens to the homescreen displaying the error 'iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes'. I can't access the recovery mode screen.

iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.