Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Archive

I've been using Apple Mail to manage my personal and business email accounts for years without problems.

All of a sudden, for no apparent reason, my business account started misbehaving. Some of my incoming emails are going to an Archive folder instead of my Inbox folder. I'm not aware of any changes I made to my business account, so I don't know what caused this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? How do I make sure all of my incoming messages go to my Inbox?

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 9:52 AM

Is it possible that you have a Mail rule that sends all of your business email account's messages to the Archive folder? Or created a smart mailbox doing the same thing? Additionally, have you reviewed your business email account's mailbox behavior settings to see if they may be the cause? Who is your business email provider?

Do you use SPAM filtering, either the one provided by the Mail app or from a third-party, like SpamSieve?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 9:52 AM in response to pmachalek

Is it possible that you have a Mail rule that sends all of your business email account's messages to the Archive folder? Or created a smart mailbox doing the same thing? Additionally, have you reviewed your business email account's mailbox behavior settings to see if they may be the cause? Who is your business email provider?

Do you use SPAM filtering, either the one provided by the Mail app or from a third-party, like SpamSieve?

Apple Mail Archive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.