Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorized for purchaed items that are on this iPhone. I keep getting this even though I have reautorized the computer and it shows in my account list.

When I try to apply changes I have made to my apps (on 12.6.5.3) it keeps telling me I am not authorized. I have delisted all of the computers and only have two authorized now. It still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 8:01 PM

Did you purchase these apps under a different Apple ID than the one you now use in your iPhone? If so, then they were authorized under a different Apple ID. In this case, you cannot authorize them unless you are using the Apple ID tied to those apps.

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 22, 2019 6:27 PM in response to Old_Guy_on_computer

Interesting. Have you installed any Apple Arcade apps? I tried to test out 12.6.5.3 in High Sierra the other day and although I could add, remove, rearrange apps when it came time to apply the changes I got into an authorization loop that said it would remove items from the iPhone so I didn't persevere. I assumed Arcade might be behind it given there is likely some new DRM protocol around it which iTunes 12.6.5.3 won't know how to handle.

tt2

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorized for purchaed items that are on this iPhone. I keep getting this even though I have reautorized the computer and it shows in my account list.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.