Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods pro crackling noise.. only when I speak

The last few days I realize that my left ear piece making a very disturbing crackling noise. Here is the bummer. The airpods have that issue only when I am talking, either on a phone call or to a person next to me. The crackling noise also appear only when my voice sound heavy (low frequencies).

When I listen music there is no problem at all unless I have to speak to someone next to me.

I am defiantly taking them back to replace them, but is good to let Apple know that there is an issue with my Airpods Pro and maybe some other customers.

Any ideas or solutions are welcome.

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 11:32 AM

Thanks for the reply.

That insistent happens on various deferent locations. So the magnetic field disturbance is out of the question. I tried and reset the AirPods many times and that didn’t solve the problem either. No sweat or water was involved either.

my personal opinion is that the microphone for the noise cancellation was defective.

My problem solved by replacing it at the Apple store and now they are both working fine.

Apple care worth every penny.

Marry Christmas to everyone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2019 11:32 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks for the reply.

That insistent happens on various deferent locations. So the magnetic field disturbance is out of the question. I tried and reset the AirPods many times and that didn’t solve the problem either. No sweat or water was involved either.

my personal opinion is that the microphone for the noise cancellation was defective.

My problem solved by replacing it at the Apple store and now they are both working fine.

Apple care worth every penny.

Marry Christmas to everyone.

Dec 24, 2019 10:29 AM in response to akrita71

Hello akrita71,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're experiencing cracking from your left AirPod when speaking. I can definitely see how this could be concerning. I've got some steps you can try before visiting a store.

First, check for any nearby interference that could be causing the issue.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

If the issue persists, use the steps in the following resource to reset your AirPods:

Reset your AirPods

Have a nice day!

Airpods pro crackling noise.. only when I speak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.