AirPods Pro crackling/static sound every time I move

Starting a few weeks ago, my AirPods started making a crackling/static sound every time I would move. It started in the left ear, which has gotten worse, and has now started in the right ear a little bit. I already had an annoying conversation with Apple Support about the AirPod Pro Service Program for Sound Issues, and my airpods were manufactured after October 2020, so apparently aren't covered by it. I've already tried doing smaller and larger ear tips (I usually use medium), put new tips on, and I've tried resetting my airpods. Nothing has helped. Does anyone else have this issue, and have you been able to fix it without sending them in for repair? I'd rather not deal with repair because it's the same exact price to repair them as to just buy new ones. Thanks in advance!

AirPods Pro

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:46 PM

bethyd87 Said:

"AirPods Pro crackling/static sound every time I move: Starting a few weeks ago, my AirPods started making a crackling/static sound every time I would move. It started in the left ear, which has gotten worse, and has now started in the right ear a little bit.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Static:

A. Interference:

It may be interference that getting in the way here. 

Some Links in Regards to Interference:

B. You need both AirPods fro these to work.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 4:46 PM in response to bethyd87

bethyd87 Said:

"AirPods Pro crackling/static sound every time I move: Starting a few weeks ago, my AirPods started making a crackling/static sound every time I would move. It started in the left ear, which has gotten worse, and has now started in the right ear a little bit.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Static:

A. Interference:

It may be interference that getting in the way here. 

Some Links in Regards to Interference:

B. You need both AirPods fro these to work.

AirPods Pro crackling/static sound every time I move

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.