Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get the Apple Watch Activity Tracker to recalculate my Move total?

I did a 7 mile run this morning, however my activity tracker is showing 86 calories for the day, which cannot be accurate. I am pretty sure the Polar Beat app that I attempted to use is causing the discrepancy so I have deleted that entry from my workouts. I have also removed the Polar Beat app from both my Apple Watch and my iPhone, but alas the Move total is still stuck at 86. Is there a way to get it to recalculate my total movement for the day? For the record the 7 mile run that was tracked by the Activity app is showing and my Exercise and Steps totals look accurate. Move is the only tracking activity that is totally wrong.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 12:40 PM

OK, the Move total has been updated and is now accurate. I am not sure what resolved the issue but here are the things I did to try to resolve the issue. I am guessing one of these did the trick so I will outline it here in case anyone else runs into this issue with the Polar Beat app.

1. Deleted the workout that was attributed to the Polar Beat app.
  2. Removed the Polar Beat app from my Apple Watch and iPhone.
  3. Turned my iPhone off and then back on. Perhaps this is what forced the update.

At any rate the Move total is now accurate. I will not plan to use the Polar Beat app again unless I have my iPhone with me as the Polar Beat app seems to require your iPhone be in very close proximity. I never carry my iPhone with me on a run since the Apple Watch does such a good job on its own.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 12:40 PM in response to SoCalDavid

OK, the Move total has been updated and is now accurate. I am not sure what resolved the issue but here are the things I did to try to resolve the issue. I am guessing one of these did the trick so I will outline it here in case anyone else runs into this issue with the Polar Beat app.

1. Deleted the workout that was attributed to the Polar Beat app.
  2. Removed the Polar Beat app from my Apple Watch and iPhone.
  3. Turned my iPhone off and then back on. Perhaps this is what forced the update.

At any rate the Move total is now accurate. I will not plan to use the Polar Beat app again unless I have my iPhone with me as the Polar Beat app seems to require your iPhone be in very close proximity. I never carry my iPhone with me on a run since the Apple Watch does such a good job on its own.

How can I get the Apple Watch Activity Tracker to recalculate my Move total?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.