Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity tracking

Since the latest watch update after iOS 15 the watch and activity tracker are documenting my calories burned during a workout using the ddpynow app under exercise, but is not accurately calculating those calories under the move goal.

I’ll attach photos to show what I’m talking about. Anyone else experiencing similar?

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 4:44 PM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2021 5:46 PM in response to Kmpr8r

If you are concerned about the 8 calorie difference, those may due to some other activity outside the workout app.

To see the total calories burned for the day first, tap on the Activity app (and History at the bottom left corner if not already selected - then select a day). Then swipe left in the "Move" section to not show the graph and show the Active and Total calories. (Swipe right to return to the graph.). Or, you can use the Health app - tap on Activity.

According to What is the difference in "active cal… - Apple Community

Total calories include - basal calories + calories burned when doing a workout. Active calories are those that are burned during some activity like swimming running or anything else where your body is moving, Basal are those that your body burns during a day without any activity.

Oct 11, 2021 7:27 PM in response to javaliga

It’s much larger than an 8 cal difference. The exercise was in the am, the app move cal pic was taken in the evening and wasn’t even as high as the total exercise calories. The app isn’t giving move calories for the exercise via the ddpynow anymore, therefor the suggested move goal it has given me based on pre update data is not as attainable.

Activity tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.