Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Catalina 10.15.1 cannot be updated

What the ... is happening? Brand new 2019 MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina 10.15.1 and I cannot update to 10.15.2. The system is downloading the update and it will stop at 3.46GB:

After 30-45 sec. (no screensaver, Power on) the system will show me a stupid message: "An update is available for your Mac" and will stop!

I've restarted the Mac ... same issues.

Similar situation if trying to download from App Store.

Any help?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 11:27 AM

Try downloading and installing the macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Combo Update. I suggest that before you attempt installing the update that you do the following:

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list. 
  4. Click on the First Aid button in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 11:27 AM in response to cdoroftei

Try downloading and installing the macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Combo Update. I suggest that before you attempt installing the update that you do the following:

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list. 
  4. Click on the First Aid button in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

macOS Catalina 10.15.1 cannot be updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.