Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are the newspapers like Wall St Journal in Apple News + the complete paper or just selected articles?

Does Apple News+ give access to the entire content of newspapers? I'm not interested in classifieds or add but some of the special features like "Journal Reports" in the Wall St Journal, for example. Or the Sunday NY Times magazine. Thanks

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 10:32 AM

Potentially, yes, but that will depend on the agreement made between the provider and Apple as to what content will be made available as part of the Apple News+ service. I believe that you don't need a subscription to WSJ to access it with News+ ... so having a standalone WSJ subscription would be redundant.

Using WSJ as an example, with your trial, look to see if you are provided with the full content of the paper journal ... or, at least, the parts that you would be interested in. If all you get are selected stories without the ability to gain access to the full content, well then, you have your answer. I would do the same for any other newspapers or magazines you currently subscribe to.

Note that the trial provides full access to the News+ service. It doesn't include anything else once the trial period is over and you decide to subscribe to it. Basically, you get what you see.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 10:32 AM in response to snsok

Potentially, yes, but that will depend on the agreement made between the provider and Apple as to what content will be made available as part of the Apple News+ service. I believe that you don't need a subscription to WSJ to access it with News+ ... so having a standalone WSJ subscription would be redundant.

Using WSJ as an example, with your trial, look to see if you are provided with the full content of the paper journal ... or, at least, the parts that you would be interested in. If all you get are selected stories without the ability to gain access to the full content, well then, you have your answer. I would do the same for any other newspapers or magazines you currently subscribe to.

Note that the trial provides full access to the News+ service. It doesn't include anything else once the trial period is over and you decide to subscribe to it. Basically, you get what you see.

Dec 22, 2019 9:57 AM in response to snsok

If you don't subscribe to Apple News+ some of the content, like the Wall Street Journal, will basically not be accessible or have very limited accessibility. However, to really experience what News+ offers, just give it a try as Apple offers a free trial period. Then you can determine, yourself, if it's worth it ... or not.

Are the newspapers like Wall St Journal in Apple News + the complete paper or just selected articles?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.