Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"DigitalDataSearch", and why am I getting a pop-up that says, "Do you want the "DigitalDataSeach" to accept incoming network connections

What is DigitalDataSearch (not misspelled, there are no spaces between the words as it appears on a pop-up) and why am I getting a pop-up that says, "Do you want the "DigitalDataSeach" to accept incoming network connections? Is this malware or something else? What is it and how do I stop the pop-up? I have a screen shot of the pop-up, don't know how to attach it to this enquiry.

I am currently running and it is up to date, macOS Mojave.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 1:45 PM

One, you have the Firewall enabled. Probably not necessary, but it alerted you to another problem.

Two, you've downloaded and installed some form of Adware. Try Etrecheck or MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for Mac to remove it.

8 replies

"DigitalDataSearch", and why am I getting a pop-up that says, "Do you want the "DigitalDataSeach" to accept incoming network connections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.