Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange error message "This email address is not available. Choose a different address.".

When I log into my apple ID, I received a screen prompted me to verify my email address. After I entered the verification code received from my email address, and it showed a message "This email address is not available. Choose a different address.". I am not able to log in to my Apple account. I don't understand what happened to Apple, it has simply no logic -- I have my valid email address and received verification code, why it still sell me that email address is not available....Please help me... It has been so difficult to dealing with Apple.

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 9:57 AM

Did you just change your Apple ID email address? Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again. There have also been posts that if you delete an ID associated with the address, you can never reuse the address. You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2019 9:57 AM in response to zheng162

Did you just change your Apple ID email address? Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again. There have also been posts that if you delete an ID associated with the address, you can never reuse the address. You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Strange error message "This email address is not available. Choose a different address.".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.