Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning Remote Login on or off requires Full Disk Access privileges.

I tried to do "sudo systemsetup -f -setremotelogin on" and got:

setremotelogin: Turning Remote Login on or off requires Full Disk Access privileges.

I googled this and found no information. There has been a previous post about this here, but it is in Chinese.

What can I do?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 10:19 AM

It is the same thing, and it may be that you are correct in that the message is superfluous. There may be no way for it to know that it is set or not. Apple seems to be trying to isolate every process from everything else.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 24, 2019 7:42 AM in response to Barney-15E

I've tried allowing full disk access via security and privacy settings, but this did not solve my problem unfortunately.

I already have Remote Login on in the system preferences. Is this perhaps the same exact thing as having remote login set on via the command line? In that case, I think the error message is just misleading and should be replaced with "remote login is already on".

Turning Remote Login on or off requires Full Disk Access privileges.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.