Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Remove Album Ratings

My song ratings are showing up as grey stars because they are seemingly linked to the album rating, which for some reason cannot be removed or changed (or at least I cannot find a way to do either).

This feature is SO annoying. Please, is there any way to get rid of album ratings in the latest version of iTunes (12.8.2.3)?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 6:12 PM

7 replies

Dec 24, 2019 11:40 AM in response to turingtest2

Figured it out. Thank you so much!

So these scripts take care of the automatic grey star ratings. However, I notice that there is still an album rating in blue stars that cannot be changed either. So if I clear the grey stars using the script, and then I rate a song, and then immediately unrate it, the grey star automatically comes back because of the blue star album ratings I assume.

Is there another script for the blue star album ratings?

Dec 24, 2019 3:40 AM in response to KG613

You can run the scripts directly from the Script Editor and save them wherever is convenient, but for best results save in ~/Library/iTunes/Scripts with the respective filenames and you can then access the scripts from the iTunes menu bar. Create the folders iTunes and Scripts if required. ~ is your user's home folder /Users/<User>. Library is a hidden folder than can be revealed if you press Cmd+Shift+. The first of the four scripts should be saved as: ~/Library/iTunes/Scripts/ClearAlbumAutoRating.

This is what the scripts menu in iTunes looks like when you have a number of scripts stored in the right folder.

tt2

Dec 24, 2019 1:39 PM in response to KG613

You should be able to change album ratings in the Album view. Alternatively change:

if album rating kind of aTrack is computed then set album rating of aTrack to 1

to read:

set album rating of aTrack to 1

and all album ratings for the albums of the selected tracks should be eliminated, whether blue or grey.

If they still won't go see Repair security permissions for iTunes for Mac - Apple Community.

tt2

How To Remove Album Ratings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.