Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Half-Star ALBUM Ratings for iTunes

Is it possible to enable half-star Album Ratings on iTunes?

I've copy/pasted on Terminal, to allow half-star Ratings in iTunes for songs, but even when I select an entire album and change the rating to a half-star score, it rounds it up to the nearest full star on my iTunes.

please let me know if there is something I can do. Thank you very much for your help!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 4:03 PM

Use the Songs view with artwork enabled and make the artwork column about twice as wide as the artwork. You should find there is a set of stars next to the covers which are the album ratings. You can adjust these in the usual way.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 15, 2021 7:35 AM in response to iTunes_OCD

Hi, what version of iTunes is this? I've just tried enabling half-stars in Music in Catalina and from what I can see it allows half stars for both manual track and album ratings. A manual album rating with half stars will create half star track auto-ratings for unrated tracks, but a collection of manual track ratings only ever gives whole star album auto-ratings for unrated albums. It looks like an album auto-rating which would be in the range of X.50 > X.99 stars will be rounded up while a value in the range X.01 > X.49 is rounded down. To see this take your example above and knock down just one of the half-star values to see the auto-rating drop.

tt2

Jan 15, 2021 3:32 PM in response to turingtest2

i have iTunes 12.8.2.3, and MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

i don't think my 2010 macbook can update to the new os.

I actually don't know how to change the Album Ratings directly on iTunes, I can only simply change Ratings to whatever .5 score I want, and then album reviews will change too, but they'll always round up to the next full star. i can select an entire album at once, change the rating to 3.5/5, and the Album Rating will then say 4.0/5.

thank you

Half-Star ALBUM Ratings for iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.