Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - Album Ratings trouble

I have a large library of purchased music [mostly Amazon], when I buy albums, I then put them in a playlist of unrated music, and gradually listen and rate. iTunes/Apple music has long derived an album rating from the songs ratings on the album. It then *sometimes * would make the album rating "real", and this would then mean that the remaining songs on the album would inherit the album rating, and disappear of my playlist.

This was irritating but solvable as I would make the album unrated and these predicted song ratings would disappear and the playlist would be correct again.

However I can't find a way to reset the album rating in the current version of Apple Music 1.1.2.28?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 1:23 AM

5 replies

Jan 31, 2021 2:44 PM in response to Mark_AppleSupport

Mark_AppleSupport wrote:

I have enabled stars but don't see them next to the album cover -oh well. I created the scripts and put them in /Library/scripts, but don't see them in any menu? i noticed that the Library itself is in the Music folder itself not in the Library folder (which I created)

It should be ~/Library/Music/Scripts where ~ is your user's Home folder.

This is where I'm seeing ratings:

And this is the other menu I mentioned:

tt2

Apple Music - Album Ratings trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.