Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV4K dropping from 1080p to 720p mid video, audio plays but no video,

I updated to TVos 13.3, and on occasion now in the middle of a video, the screen goes black and the audio cuts out. I’ll sleep the apple tv and panasonic plasma tv via the apple tv remote, and wake them both back up, now the audio will play but still no video. If i go to the audio/video settings it shows i’m at 720p. The match video option is missing from the audio/video options. I can select 1080p, it will switch to 1080p for 3 or 4 seconds then go black and be back at 720p. During the whole experience, 1080p no longer has a check mark by it. If i try to switch to 1080p like 20 or 30 times it may eventually take. Resetting the ATV4K doesn’t make any difference. Reseating the cabling doesn’t help. If i sleep the atv4k and the tv via the atv4k for 10 minutes or so, and come back to it and start them up again, 1080p is back checked and available, the match option is back, and the video plays.

anyone experiencing similar issues?

-Mike

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 8:39 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

TV4K dropping from 1080p to 720p mid video, audio plays but no video,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.