Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don’t Know Screen Time

I’m getting more and more frustrated with not knowing my screen time passcode. I share an Apple ID with my family and no one remembers setting or changing a screen time passcode or setting a restrictions passcode. I just went through the hassle of resetting and erasing my entire device to try to get the password. And yet, I still won’t let me in. Before resetting it, I had gotten to the point where I would have to wait 60 minutes between every wrong attempt. So even after resetting and erasing it, it still is a passcode that I do not know. Help??

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 9:03 AM

To begin with, you need to stop sharing an Apple ID. They are not intended to be shared at all.

The only way to get rid of the screen time passcode if you can't remember it is to force the phone into recovery mode and restore iOS using iTunes, then set it up as a new phone.

Do NOT attempt to restore it from a backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2019 9:03 AM in response to ScreenTimePascodes

To begin with, you need to stop sharing an Apple ID. They are not intended to be shared at all.

The only way to get rid of the screen time passcode if you can't remember it is to force the phone into recovery mode and restore iOS using iTunes, then set it up as a new phone.

Do NOT attempt to restore it from a backup.

Don’t Know Screen Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.