Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset the screen time passcode if I didn't use an appleID to setup the passcode?

I was setting up my son's new phone. I set up a screen time passcode. It asked me to associate it to my appleID in case I need to recover it at some point. I don't have an AppleID because I don't use an iPhone. It seemed to set up the passcode just fine, but when I tried to use the passcode it doesn't recognize it and asks me to sign in to my AppleID to change it. So I'm in a loop and can't now access or change any of the screentime settings I configured. How can I fix this?

Posted on May 24, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 6:42 PM

If using IOS 13.4 or later or Catalina 10.15.4 or later, see the Apple Support article(s) below. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the article.

Screen Time passcode reset.   *

ASC YouTube for how to reset your Screen Time passcode on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch — Apple Support

If necessary,  you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting.      *

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 6:42 PM in response to jpobermeyer

If using IOS 13.4 or later or Catalina 10.15.4 or later, see the Apple Support article(s) below. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the article.

Screen Time passcode reset.   *

ASC YouTube for how to reset your Screen Time passcode on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch — Apple Support

If necessary,  you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting.      *

May 24, 2022 12:41 PM in response to jpobermeyer

jpobermeyer wrote:

I was setting up my son's new phone. I set up a screen time passcode. It asked me to associate it to my appleID in case I need to recover it at some point. I don't have an AppleID because I don't use an iPhone. It seemed to set up the passcode just fine, but when I tried to use the passcode it doesn't recognize it and asks me to sign in to my AppleID to change it. So I'm in a loop and can't now access or change any of the screentime settings I configured. How can I fix this?

you will need to do this If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

How do I reset the screen time passcode if I didn't use an appleID to setup the passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.