Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there any tips for resetting forgotten screen time passcodes on old phones when new apple id password has been created on new phone?

Hello,

I set up a new iphone and also updated my apple id password. I am unable to reset / change my screen time passcode on my old phone before it return it for a discount. I don’t remember the screen time pass code and I can’t change or reset it with my current or previous apple ID password when prompted. Any help is appreciated.

It says “Apple ID or password is incorrect is incorrect” when using my previous apple ID password. It just says failed passcode attempt when I use my current Apple ID password.

Thanks!

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 10:52 AM

Greetings ApleCommID,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Thanks for reaching out to us from the linked article: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode

We can understand the concern with this trouble you're having with the Screen Time password, and we're happy to help. In order to reset the Screen Time password, you will need to enter the correct Apple ID and password. Since you are getting an error message when doing so, you will need to reset the Apple ID password used to set up Screen Time. The steps to do so can be found here:

If you forgot your Apple ID password

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 10:52 AM in response to ApleCommID

Greetings ApleCommID,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Thanks for reaching out to us from the linked article: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode

We can understand the concern with this trouble you're having with the Screen Time password, and we're happy to help. In order to reset the Screen Time password, you will need to enter the correct Apple ID and password. Since you are getting an error message when doing so, you will need to reset the Apple ID password used to set up Screen Time. The steps to do so can be found here:

If you forgot your Apple ID password

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Are there any tips for resetting forgotten screen time passcodes on old phones when new apple id password has been created on new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.