Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Plus frozen screen - please help

Hi,

The screen got frozen 18 hours ago. Just see a “turning circle” on a black screen all the time. Apps are running normally. I can listen to podcasts, make calls using BT connection in my car & follow navigation with CarPlay using cable connection as the apps are displayed properly on the dashboard display. But cannot operate the phone even not able to switch it off!

So I have been trying to deplete battery for hours by running podcasts with a wireless connection to a BT speaker.

I hope the iOS will start up normally then.

Any other idea or advice how to fix the problem, guys?

Thanks!

Arnost

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 12:04 PM

Hey arnost130,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you iPhone display is unresponsive, even though you're able to access your apps using CarPlay. I definitely understand how important it is to be able to use your iPhone, and I'm happy to help.

Sounds like you've already attempted a force restart, so great job there! I also recommend taking a look at the other steps in the link below as these go over what to do when your iPhone becomes unresponsive.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Thanks again, and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 12:04 PM in response to arnost130

Hey arnost130,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you iPhone display is unresponsive, even though you're able to access your apps using CarPlay. I definitely understand how important it is to be able to use your iPhone, and I'm happy to help.

Sounds like you've already attempted a force restart, so great job there! I also recommend taking a look at the other steps in the link below as these go over what to do when your iPhone becomes unresponsive.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Thanks again, and have a great day!

iPhone 8 Plus frozen screen - please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.