Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Watch Movies Offline On MacBook Air

I usually download movies from Netflix and/or Amazon to watch on my iPad when I fly. I just bought a MacBook Air that has a bigger screen. I know I can't download any Netflix or Amazon movies but can I watch movies I've rented or purchased through iTunes?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 4:42 PM

Yes you should be able to watch your rented/purchased movies from iTunes on your MacBook Air.

If you have Mojave installed on your MacBook Air the the iTunes app is where your rented/purchased movies are kept.

If you have Catalina installed on your MacBook Air then the Apple TV app is where your rented/purchased movies are kept.

Axel F

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 4:42 PM in response to flbeachluvr

Yes you should be able to watch your rented/purchased movies from iTunes on your MacBook Air.

If you have Mojave installed on your MacBook Air the the iTunes app is where your rented/purchased movies are kept.

If you have Catalina installed on your MacBook Air then the Apple TV app is where your rented/purchased movies are kept.

Axel F

How To Watch Movies Offline On MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.