Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TWC-WifI Passpoint Popup

I keep getting a popup notification on my new iphoneXS asking me to join my TWC-Wifi Passpoint with an error that my password is incorrect. My old account name is populated, but the password is blank. I live downtown, and when I'm walking or driving past the Spectrum (formerly TWC) hotspots, which are all over the place, my phone tries to automatically connect using my old Spectrum account. It is soooo annoying. The account has been deactivated for a few months, and I even got a new iphone since deactivating the Spectrum account (I did do an iclould backup since getting my new phone).

I've tried going to settings-->profiles, and deleting the spectrum profile. I've even done a full-blown network reset on my iphone. Nothing seems to work. I've searched my settings and passwords for the old Spectrum account name, and it's nowhere to be found in my phone settings or passwords. How do I stop this Spectrum nonsense???

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 9:40 AM

Hello dan2103,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that your iPhone is trying to join a Wi-Fi access point you no longer have access to; I'd like to help.

Resetting your network settings should have forgotten all your previous networks, but let's make sure the network has been removed. This article can help:

How to forget a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

Also, just in case an app was used to initially set up this connection, let's make sure you remove all references to TWC related app passwords in Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Website & App Passwords.

If you still have issues, you may need to reach out to Spectrum to see if they are aware of any other place this may be coming from.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 9:40 AM in response to dan2103

Hello dan2103,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that your iPhone is trying to join a Wi-Fi access point you no longer have access to; I'd like to help.

Resetting your network settings should have forgotten all your previous networks, but let's make sure the network has been removed. This article can help:

How to forget a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

Also, just in case an app was used to initially set up this connection, let's make sure you remove all references to TWC related app passwords in Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Website & App Passwords.

If you still have issues, you may need to reach out to Spectrum to see if they are aware of any other place this may be coming from.

Best Regards.

TWC-WifI Passpoint Popup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.