Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Announce Messages with Siri

I have Airpods Pro and an iPhone XS, and I don’t even have the setting “Announce Messages with Siri” available on my phone. Why isn’t this working?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 11:19 AM

Hello omnaryx,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with"Announce Messages with Siri" on your AirPods. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

First, be sure that your iPhone is updated to at least iOS 13.2.: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. (Be sure to have a current backup prior to updating.)

You may also want to take a look at the information here: Announce Messages with Siri on AirPods.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 11:19 AM in response to omnaryx

Hello omnaryx,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with"Announce Messages with Siri" on your AirPods. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

First, be sure that your iPhone is updated to at least iOS 13.2.: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. (Be sure to have a current backup prior to updating.)

You may also want to take a look at the information here: Announce Messages with Siri on AirPods.

Take care.

Jan 3, 2020 6:09 PM in response to omnaryx

Had the same problem and found the solution...

1. Plug in your AirPods and bring your iOS device near them.
  2. Open the lid, while the AirPods are still plugged in, to initiate pairing and firmware update.
  3. Make sure they paired by going to Settings > General > About and seeing AirPods listed near the bottom of the list.
  4. Go back to the main screen of Settings and continue to Notifications. You will now see the “Announce Messages with Siri” option.

Good luck!!

Announce Messages with Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.