Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use an italian nano sim and a uk esim with iphone 11?

Hello, I live in the UK and I am planning to get an iPhone 11 in a couple of weeks. I would like to use the dual sim having an Italian number and a uk one. Italy does not have operators with the eSim, so I was wondering if it would work for me to get a nano sim with a plan for Italy, and then move my current UK plan on an eSim.

This way people from home can easily call me on the Italian number and I can still have my UK plan.

Just want to check this is possible so I can buy a nano sim here in Italy before heading back.

Thanks!

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 5:41 AM

The iPhone you're going to buy MUST be unlocked AND SIM Free. That can be done buying it at an Apple Store (explaining your needs).

To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information. 

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

Extracted from:--> Using Dual SIM with an eSIM – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 5:41 AM in response to LondonFran

The iPhone you're going to buy MUST be unlocked AND SIM Free. That can be done buying it at an Apple Store (explaining your needs).

To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information. 

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

Extracted from:--> Using Dual SIM with an eSIM – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Can I use an italian nano sim and a uk esim with iphone 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.