Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Support in Apple Store Liverpool One

My ageing parents (80+) have just visited the Liverpool one Apple store as needed some help to set up their new iPad, my father is also having problems with an Apple ID update message on his IPhone, the update doesn’t work.

The store advised they are not able to help them and they should call Apple support.

I find this terrible customer service, why can’t the store help two elderly people who are clearly struggling?

I am saddened and disappointed in the lack of humanity and support the Liverpool one store has shown for two elderly people, when they could and should have helped them.

Apple why are you not able to help people in need in person?

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 6:40 AM

4 replies

Dec 27, 2019 9:58 AM in response to J4mes_D

Firstly make your complaint directly to the manager of the store . By the way you normally need to book a genius appointment on line .

Apple support telephone number is 0800 048 0408 free phone they are really helpful and if a genius appointment is absolutely necessary they will help you book it there and then.

That said there is so much help here and online including youtube and we helpers can normally solve most issues if we know what’s going on with a few details .

And almost all of us here are users just like you . Not under the pay of Apple in any way

I take it you aren’t particularly savvy with iOS devices then ?

Setting up is really simple follow the onscreen prompts and the only thing you need is a WiFi router and the password . That’s not an Apple issue and one surely you can help your parents with.

As to the the Apple ID issue

Can your parent unlock the phone Yes/No

If yes and you can help them .

Try this with them Tap settings and at the top of then screen the ID panel is at the top of the screen . make sure your relative knows their password.

Tap on the ID panel and scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap on sign out It’s in Red .

Now return to the previous panel and it will ask for you credentials again put in the name ID and password and the phone will reconnect the iCloud servers .

Dec 27, 2019 11:34 AM in response to Keith Doherty3

Thanks for all the advice and guidance.

Its disappointing to hear I cannot contact Apple directly, either in person in a store, by telephone, on line, and if you do have a problem they dont respond, all sounds like really poor customer service.

I have tried to help but my fathers phone was unresponsive, when trying to update the Apple ID the phone was stuck for hours with the small circle going round and round, I had to shut the phone down. Then when I tried to sign out of iCloud the phone did the same thing and would not sign out. So ran out of things to try and thought the store would be able to help.

One thing they have done is use the same Apple ID for both of their iPhones, which seems to work but is that advisable?

I was hoping someone in there Liverpool One Apple store would be able to help and offer some advice and assistance.

Dec 28, 2019 3:35 AM in response to J4mes_D

I don’t know the Liverpool One store however many Apple stores run tutorials on iOS and Mac products and these can really help .

Attended many at London store and as for the reaction of the staff at Liverpool that’s quite appalling .

Seems they are chasing their commissions to much (local issue that needed addressing) again go to store when you have a minute and complain directly you the store manager

This is not what to expect from Apple retail in my experience.

No Support in Apple Store Liverpool One

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.