Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my newly converted MP3 file?

I followed the instructions for converting an audio file from AAC to MP3, and Music says the process completed. Yet when I look at the file type it still says AAC. Where is the MP3 version? (iMac, OS 10.15.2)

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 11:15 AM

Use the Songs view of the library. Sort the list on Date Added, enable the column if needed, and tap the small triangle at the head of the column to switch between ascending and descending sort orders. In descending order the newly converted file will be at the top of the list. This is an additional copy rather than an in place replacement of the original.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 11:15 AM in response to GJV, Inc.

Use the Songs view of the library. Sort the list on Date Added, enable the column if needed, and tap the small triangle at the head of the column to switch between ascending and descending sort orders. In descending order the newly converted file will be at the top of the list. This is an additional copy rather than an in place replacement of the original.

tt2

Dec 28, 2019 12:19 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks again. I was trying to transfer music from my husband's library to a new underwater mp3 player (for use while swimming) he received. The instructions said to click and drag directly from the playlist after converting the file. They were probably written for an older version of Mac OS because, as you pointed out, we needed to be working from the "Songs" list.

Where is my newly converted MP3 file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.