Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign into the iTunes Store

Hello, a pop up of “sign in to the iTunes Store” keeps popping up on my MacBook. I have repeatedly tried to press cancel and nothing happens, it keeps coming back. I have also tried putting my Apple ID in which is definitely correct, however it doesn’t seem to make the pop up go away. This is a problem because I cannot update the software without this pop up being closed. Hope you can help, thanks

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 6:12 AM

Hello Mjcp15,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with a sign-in prompt on your Mac. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

First, try signing in here with your Apple ID and password to verify that your information is correct: Apple ID.

Also, check to see if you're signed in anywhere else with your Apple ID:

• iCloud: Go to System Preferences > iCloud. Enter your Apple ID and password. Click Sign In.
  • iTunes & App Store: Go to iTunes > Account > Sign In. Enter your Apple ID and password. Click Sign In.
  • iMessage: Go to Messages > Preferences > Accounts. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  • FaceTime: Open FaceTime and enter your Apple ID and password. Click Sign In.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2019 6:12 AM in response to Mjcp15

Hello Mjcp15,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with a sign-in prompt on your Mac. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

First, try signing in here with your Apple ID and password to verify that your information is correct: Apple ID.

Also, check to see if you're signed in anywhere else with your Apple ID:

• iCloud: Go to System Preferences > iCloud. Enter your Apple ID and password. Click Sign In.
  • iTunes & App Store: Go to iTunes > Account > Sign In. Enter your Apple ID and password. Click Sign In.
  • iMessage: Go to Messages > Preferences > Accounts. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  • FaceTime: Open FaceTime and enter your Apple ID and password. Click Sign In.

Take care.

Dec 31, 2019 6:43 AM in response to i_rina

Hello, thank you, I have tried all of the options which you have suggested and I am logged into all of them with my Apple ID. However, when I click to open iTunes, nothing opens apart from the pop up which I am trying to get rid of. I am unsure of what to do now, as I have tried all of the steps above

Sign into the iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.