Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asking Siri for "directions to closest" anything doesn't work

There have been times when I've had to ask Siri for directions to the closest store of some kind, like the closest gas station. Often the directions end up going to somewhere completely unrelated, and even when Siri does respond close to right it's to give me a list of nearby businesses, expecting me to read the list and pick something. But if I'm driving, especially if I'm on a motorcycle, the last thing I want to do is take my eyes off the road to read a list.

How do I get Siri to just start the directions to the closest matching business without this needless interruption?

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 3:53 PM

As the response before me recommended to do, please provide feedback to Apple here Product Feedback - Apple

Axel F.

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 27, 2019 3:48 PM in response to Axel Foley

Nearest and closest yield the same results: a list of possibilities instead of just giving the directions that have been requested.

If someone asks for the nearest something, Siri should just give directions to whatever location of that type which has the shortest route. Prompting for additional information is dangerous (as stated the use case here is asking for directions while operating a vehicle, taking your eyes off the road to look at a list of businesses on your phone is a dangerous activity in that situation).

Asking Siri for "directions to closest" anything doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.