Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri has stopped giving driving directions and does a websearch instead

I’ve noticed this happening more and more, and it’s really irking me. I just asked Siri for directions to Lucie Stern theater in Palo Alto. She did a websearch instead and replied with a chipper, “Check it out!” So, I asked for "driving directions." Same results. Finally, I tried, “Siri, open maps and give me driving directions to the Lucie Stern theater in Palo Alto, California.” Nope, random web results as she responded, “Okay, ... results for open maps and...." What’s her deal? I’m using an 11 Pro running 16.2. Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 10:52 AM

Hey CodeJen1,

Here's a user guide with more information on what Siri can do on your iPhone: Find out what Siri can do on iPhone

Let's also try toggling Siri by turning it off and then back on. This can help resolve unknown issues with Siri. Follow these steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap Siri & Search.
3. Turn off Listen for "Hey Siri," then turn it back on.
4. When the Set Up "Hey Siri" screen appears, tap Continue.
5. Say each command that you see on your screen.
6. Tap Done.

You can find some additional info from the article here: If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2023 10:52 AM in response to CodeJen1

Hey CodeJen1,

Here's a user guide with more information on what Siri can do on your iPhone: Find out what Siri can do on iPhone

Let's also try toggling Siri by turning it off and then back on. This can help resolve unknown issues with Siri. Follow these steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap Siri & Search.
3. Turn off Listen for "Hey Siri," then turn it back on.
4. When the Set Up "Hey Siri" screen appears, tap Continue.
5. Say each command that you see on your screen.
6. Tap Done.

You can find some additional info from the article here: If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards.

Siri has stopped giving driving directions and does a websearch instead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.