Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud/Apple ID.

I’m practically locked out of my iCloud/AppleID because I can’t verify the code that has been sent to the number I “trusted” on my old device. I tried requesting account recovery yesterday haven’t heard anything back yet but I also checked the status of the request to back into my iCloud/AppleID and it says they will send me instructions in 2 days. Has anyone had this happen and was able to get back in the account after receiving he instructions?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:33 AM

You will be able to get back into the account when the Recovery process is complete.

• The Recovery Process is an automated process and length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes. If you remember your information and can sign in successfully, your wait period cancels automatically and you can use your Apple ID immediately.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 8:33 AM in response to anijah145

You will be able to get back into the account when the Recovery process is complete.

• The Recovery Process is an automated process and length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes. If you remember your information and can sign in successfully, your wait period cancels automatically and you can use your Apple ID immediately.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Dec 28, 2019 8:56 AM in response to Eric Root

Yes I have read that. What do you mean I can get back on my account immediately? I know my email and password to my AppleID/iCloud and another thing. I didn’t think that this was apart of the recovery process because I didn’t do the recovery process until AFTER it said I had I 2 days until I can update my phone number for the account.

iCloud/Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.