Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay iPhone 7 card not adding

Hi,

Since my bank is finally accepting Apple Pay in my region (The Netherlands) my card won't add in my Wallet-app. When I try adding my card, the first thing I see the mastercard-sign while my card is a maestro-card. When I then try to add it, it crashes after 'Configurating card for Apple Pay'. It says 'Adding card failed' and it says to try again later (been trying this for over a month) or contacting your card provider (they can't solve my problem either). I think there might be a problem with my NFC, since I had to add my identification card to another app but it just didn't recognize my card. If this is the problem, do I need to get another phone to use Apple Pay or can I replace it?

I also saw somewhere that you could reset your password and Touch ID and then it should add, but this doen't work on my device :/

Thanks in advance!

Jasmijn

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 5:55 AM

these links may help - Countries and regions that support Apple Pay - Apple Support

here too - If you can't add cards to Wallet for Apple Pay - Apple Support

is your bank one of these?

Netherlands

• ABN AMRO (Maestro cards)
  • Bunq
  • ING Bank
  • Monese
  • N26
  • Openbank
  • Rabobank
  • Revolut

Similar questions

5 replies

Apple Pay iPhone 7 card not adding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.