Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to edit the Favorites Bar in Catalina

In the past and in addition to others, I placed the folder "Favorites" into Safari's Favorites Bar just below the Tool Bar. I did this for a more ready access to my web favs and while with Mojave or even prior, I don't recall. Now, within "Favorites" there's another folder with web links that I'd like to place separately in the Favorites Bar for even quicker access. So far, I have not found the way to do so. Any idea anyone?

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 9:54 AM

1. Click “Bookmarks” in the Safari menu bar and then “Edit Bookmarks”.

Open the main Bookmarks folder from which you want to separate the subfolder.

Drag the sub Favorites folder and drop it under the “Favorites”.

The sub folder will appear in the Favorites bar.

2. I dragged  the Safari help folder from main “Help” folder and dropped it just under “Favorites”.

You will see a thin blue line for navigational purpose.

In the Favorites bar, drag it to the exact location you want it to be placed.

For more info:

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/see-your-favorite-websites-sfri22092/mac

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 9:54 AM in response to dubwisedude

1. Click “Bookmarks” in the Safari menu bar and then “Edit Bookmarks”.

Open the main Bookmarks folder from which you want to separate the subfolder.

Drag the sub Favorites folder and drop it under the “Favorites”.

The sub folder will appear in the Favorites bar.

2. I dragged  the Safari help folder from main “Help” folder and dropped it just under “Favorites”.

You will see a thin blue line for navigational purpose.

In the Favorites bar, drag it to the exact location you want it to be placed.

For more info:

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/see-your-favorite-websites-sfri22092/mac

How to edit the Favorites Bar in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.