Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch keeps asking for password to my family members' Apple ID!

My new Apple Watch keeps asking me two different Apple IDs’ passwords, and none of these Apple IDs are mine. This Apple IDs belong to my family members. It sometimes happens several times a day which is quite annoying. I tried every possible step to fix it but so far unsuccessful.

I tried to unpair/pair, reset watch. None of them was helpful.

I have never used any Apple ID other than my current Apple ID on my devices. We have never activated family sharing. My family members live in other countries, we do not share address or phone numbers and we use Apple store of different regions.

I am even confused that how this is possible! How Apple could know who is my family member? Because clearly I am not getting a couple of random Apple IDs!

Does anybody have an idea or experience the same situation? Do you know how I can fix this?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:15 AM

12 replies

Jan 2, 2020 7:50 AM in response to Community User

I did install apps on my iPhone with that AppleId in the past (a while ago).

However, these prompts for password have just started occurring since I updated to WatchOS 6.1.1

It happens on its own a couple of times a day or systematically when I open the Watch App on my iPhone.

I'm curious as to what is the easy fix you are talking about... "hessann" already said that unpairing and resetting watch did not work.

Jan 2, 2020 7:25 AM in response to ehssann

I have the same issue with the Apple watch 4, since the latest update. Keeps asking for password for another family account. However once I enter it, it says an error occurred.

I can "force" the issue to occur on demand by opening the watch app on my iPhone that is linked to the watch. after a couple seconds, my watch will prompt me twice in a row for that password.

Jan 2, 2020 7:55 AM in response to RomeoTango

Any apps bought in the past with your old apple id need to be removed from the phone and then reinstall

them with your new apple id if you still require them.The watch is trying to install these apps but can't

because there is a different apple id on the phone now.

Jan 2, 2020 8:30 AM in response to RomeoTango

Open your Apple Watch app on your phone and go to “My Watch

Go to Settings/General & turn off Automatic App Install.

Now go back to “My Watch” and scroll to the bottom to see “Available Apps”.

Any apps you see that are trying to install are the culprits causing the notifications!

Delete those apps from your phone, and if necessary reinstall them with your current Apple ID.

Turn Automatic App Install back on if necessary.

Feb 5, 2020 2:42 AM in response to Nicjasp

Open your Apple Watch app on your phone and go to “My Watch

Go to Settings/General & turn off Automatic App Install.

Now go back to “My Watch” and scroll to the bottom to see “Available Apps”.

Any apps you see that are trying to install are the culprits causing the notifications!

Delete those apps from your phone, and if necessary reinstall them with your current Apple ID.

Turn Automatic App Install back on if necessary

Jan 2, 2020 7:37 AM in response to ehssann

Have any of your family members ever installed any apps on your phone in the past?.If they have that is why the watch is asking for their apple ids.It's an easy fix.

Apple Watch keeps asking for password to my family members' Apple ID!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.