Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't let me log in to store

Long story short, I updated my laptop and downloaded iTunes again. Had to unlock my iTunes account and all that fun stuff for whatever reason.

Anyway, I'm trying to sign in on iTunes to put my purchased music on my laptop again (I have an HP Stream, by the way), and it's coming up with a box.

It says, "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (-50). There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later." The only option is to click on "Okay." Which I have to twice to make it go away.

Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this? I'm no computer wiz by any means so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 11:06 AM

When you downloaded iTunes again, did you download a version older than 12.6.5.3 for some reason? (Logical reasons might be that you prefer a version that can be used to manage apps and didn't realize that 12.6.5.3 is now the only usable version that can do that, or else that you are still running Windows XP or Vista.) Versions of iTunes older than 12.6.5.3 are no longer supported by the iTunes Store. Here's a thread about this issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250783805

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 11:06 AM in response to j_snyder530

When you downloaded iTunes again, did you download a version older than 12.6.5.3 for some reason? (Logical reasons might be that you prefer a version that can be used to manage apps and didn't realize that 12.6.5.3 is now the only usable version that can do that, or else that you are still running Windows XP or Vista.) Versions of iTunes older than 12.6.5.3 are no longer supported by the iTunes Store. Here's a thread about this issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250783805

iTunes won't let me log in to store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.