Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I have only trusted device my iPhone and I lost it or the phone got stollen together with my phone number? How can I login then to locate or erase the lost device?

What if I have, the only trusted device - my iPhone and I lost it or the phone got stollen together with my phone number? How can I login then to iCloud to locate or erase the lost device? With two factor authentication I will get locked. Here is no quick way to locate your only trusted device or erase it. My first thought was to disable the 2factor authentication, but this is not possible. This should be a serious security problem.

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 11:00 AM

You can log into www.icloud.com/find

using any computer internet browser without being asked for a two-factor code (note that is only true with the "/find" in the address).

Another method: log into www.icloud.com

and when asked for the two-factor code, ignore it and click the Quick Access to Find My icon below the two-factor window.

Even though you can use the above methods without a two-factor code, I would highly recommend that you have multiple trusted phone numbers set up. They can be Android phones, landline phones, friends' or relatives phones. See the following for details: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 11:00 AM in response to Mihsoc

You can log into www.icloud.com/find

using any computer internet browser without being asked for a two-factor code (note that is only true with the "/find" in the address).

Another method: log into www.icloud.com

and when asked for the two-factor code, ignore it and click the Quick Access to Find My icon below the two-factor window.

Even though you can use the above methods without a two-factor code, I would highly recommend that you have multiple trusted phone numbers set up. They can be Android phones, landline phones, friends' or relatives phones. See the following for details: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I have only trusted device my iPhone and I lost it or the phone got stollen together with my phone number? How can I login then to locate or erase the lost device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.