Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am trying to sign out of my apple id but forgot the password and its an old email and cant get onto them anymore

im am trying reset my nieces ipad and don't know her apple id or email so cant receive and password reset. how can I reset it without the apple id?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 12:47 PM

See if you can recover the ID/password.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple         An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

If necessary, have the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 12:47 PM in response to BRADB97

See if you can recover the ID/password.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple         An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

If necessary, have the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

i am trying to sign out of my apple id but forgot the password and its an old email and cant get onto them anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.