Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are videos sent by text so small when shared via a text message

I am sure it has to do with my settings. Right? How do I send a video via text and have it look just like the original video?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 3:13 PM

Hello, 1999murf.

I understand that you would like to know how to make sure that video formatting remains the same when you send it via Messages. I can see how this would be advantageous and am excited to help.

The first thing I would say to check would be the setting found at Settings > Messages > Low Quality Image Mode. If this is on, let's toggle it off.

If this doesn't make a difference, let me know a little more about what you mean when you say, "just like the original." Is the video smaller after you have sent it? Blurry? The more details you can provide, the better.

Also, if you are an iCloud user, you can send links to your videos. Doing this allows you to send larger files. I'll include instructions on how to do so below.

Send photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2019 3:13 PM in response to 1999murf

Hello, 1999murf.

I understand that you would like to know how to make sure that video formatting remains the same when you send it via Messages. I can see how this would be advantageous and am excited to help.

The first thing I would say to check would be the setting found at Settings > Messages > Low Quality Image Mode. If this is on, let's toggle it off.

If this doesn't make a difference, let me know a little more about what you mean when you say, "just like the original." Is the video smaller after you have sent it? Blurry? The more details you can provide, the better.

Also, if you are an iCloud user, you can send links to your videos. Doing this allows you to send larger files. I'll include instructions on how to do so below.

Best Regards.

why are videos sent by text so small when shared via a text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.