Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 running hot

Why has my 1 week old iPhone started to run so hot it’s uncomfortable to hold

it is being used in an optimal environment

it has no cover on to retain heat

it’s not doing any intensive work ie just reading a book, searching the net.

it has only 2 apps open

this seems to be wide spread and an actual answer and solution would be appreciated

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 10:06 PM

2 replies

Dec 31, 2019 7:07 PM in response to ElleKayJay

Hi ElleKayJay

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. It's great to have you here. I see from your post, you've noticed that your iPhone feels warmer than expected. I would be happy to help.

Are you seeing a temperature warning on your screen? Also, check out the following article that has some reasons why your device might get warm.

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

If you continue to experience this issue, you can Contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

Kindest regards.

Dec 31, 2019 8:04 PM in response to CarlAVII

While I thank you for the reply there hasn’t been a solution

I’ve had no actual warning but the screen does dim and the the phone freezes 🤪

I had already read that article and as I said in my post the phone is not doing anything excessive and is not in extreme temperatures

a call to Apple resulted in a complete reset and reinstall. Seems mostly ok. I’ve a feeling that some of the problems are from iBooks iOS 13.3. I really wish Apple would fix theses glitches a lot quicker than they are

iPhone 11 running hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.