Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 13 overheats

I purchased a new Apple phone 13 on 2/21/22 it runs hot from day one of purchase. I have called/went for support. I was told as long as it’s not causing burns I’m good. At times it reaches heat where I just turn it off. After the last update on 3/23/22 it worsened. I need some help. I’m wondering if others are having this issue. I am a senior citizen and don’t utilize my phone like the young generation

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 8:55 AM

There are times when an iPhone will get warm. During charging, watching videos, or gaming. As long as the device does not automatically shutdown, it is not overheating. It seems that support felt that it was not getting that hot, given what they told you. The charging will get it warm since charging the batteries is a chemical process. Watching videos or gaming will put more of a strain on the iPhone's processor which generates heat. The only way the iPhone has to dissipate that heat is through the case. If you are using cellular data, if you are trying to do any of that work or you are on the internet, and the cellular signal is weak, the iPhone has to work harder to maintain the connection and that generates heat as well.

So, unless it shuts down on its own and displays the overheating message, or the heat generated makes the phone too hot to hold, then you should be alright.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 8:55 AM in response to amparo162

There are times when an iPhone will get warm. During charging, watching videos, or gaming. As long as the device does not automatically shutdown, it is not overheating. It seems that support felt that it was not getting that hot, given what they told you. The charging will get it warm since charging the batteries is a chemical process. Watching videos or gaming will put more of a strain on the iPhone's processor which generates heat. The only way the iPhone has to dissipate that heat is through the case. If you are using cellular data, if you are trying to do any of that work or you are on the internet, and the cellular signal is weak, the iPhone has to work harder to maintain the connection and that generates heat as well.

So, unless it shuts down on its own and displays the overheating message, or the heat generated makes the phone too hot to hold, then you should be alright.

New iPhone 13 overheats

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.