Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 overheating

My phone is the regular iPhone 12, a couple months after I got it I noticed that it was getting ridiculously hot with light use such as watching videos or playing simple games. I took it to the Apple Store and got it replaced everything except the screen and cameras, for the past couple months it has been ok. Now it’s happening again and I think there has to be some kind of battery or logic board issue. My battery is at 99% original capacity so it’s not that. I noticed that it only happened after the first 1% of battery wear. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 8:05 AM

No warning is good and it is typically normal. The phone is designed to let heat from use escape thru the case. See If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

4 replies

iPhone 12 overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.