Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Episode description is missing on our podcast?

Hey everyone,

We recently got our podcast approved for Apple. Unfortunately, the episode description seems to be missing from a listeners perspective. On my account, however, the descriptions are there. Also, I don't know if this helps, but our podcast has been on Spotify for a while now.

Thanks guys!

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 11:49 PM

Your iTunes Store page is at https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/adhdiscussions/id1492758426

In the Store and when subscribing the Description column shows the contents of your 'itunes:subtitle' tag, which is the same as your title. Clicking the 'i' to the right of this should show the 'itunes:summary' tag, which you don't have - it's been filled in with the contents of your 'description' tag in iTunes and with the subtitle in the Store. Is this where are the descriptions not showing? If it's in the iOS Podcasts app I don't have that to check, but perhaps that isn't filling in the missing 'itunes:summary' tag which you should enter the description in in each case.

(The titles are truncated because I narrowed the columns in order to keep this image to a reasonable size: they are there intact.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 11:49 PM in response to ADHDiscussions

Your iTunes Store page is at https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/adhdiscussions/id1492758426

In the Store and when subscribing the Description column shows the contents of your 'itunes:subtitle' tag, which is the same as your title. Clicking the 'i' to the right of this should show the 'itunes:summary' tag, which you don't have - it's been filled in with the contents of your 'description' tag in iTunes and with the subtitle in the Store. Is this where are the descriptions not showing? If it's in the iOS Podcasts app I don't have that to check, but perhaps that isn't filling in the missing 'itunes:summary' tag which you should enter the description in in each case.

(The titles are truncated because I narrowed the columns in order to keep this image to a reasonable size: they are there intact.)

Episode description is missing on our podcast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.