Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New (Refurbished) IPad Pro not able to transfer calls to homepod.

I have an Ipad 6th generation that I can answer phone calls on, then transfer them to my homepod by pushing “Speaker” on the ipad screen. It then gives me the option to put the audio to Homepod, phone, air pods etc. I can also do this with my IPhone.

With my Ipad Pro 10.5 it doesn’t give me any other option than “speaker” and any other Bluetooth devices that I have connected. Anyone know why? I have continuity, allowing calls on this device, same WiFi network etc as my other ipad.

Please help! Thank you!

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 7:00 PM

are you using the latest software on HomePod, iPad and iPhone? They all should be on 13.3 now.

you can also try power cycling HomePod

OR reset it. Reset HomePod - Apple Support - then set it up again.

Also since it depends on your phone working as it should I’d try resetting network settings on that and on iPad and restart them both until the Apple logo appears.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 7:00 PM in response to cacp

are you using the latest software on HomePod, iPad and iPhone? They all should be on 13.3 now.

you can also try power cycling HomePod

OR reset it. Reset HomePod - Apple Support - then set it up again.

Also since it depends on your phone working as it should I’d try resetting network settings on that and on iPad and restart them both until the Apple logo appears.

Dec 29, 2019 4:54 PM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you, however, the second part of the link you sent “Transfer A Call From Ipad” is exactly what I can’t do. All of my settings are how they are supposed to be on the iPad, but I’m wondering if I’ve missed something on the HomePod.

HomePod was already set up and working fine with other devices (as it still does) with other iPads/iPhones.

New (Refurbished) IPad Pro not able to transfer calls to homepod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.