Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd generation wifi not connecting

Hi,

Recently, I brought a Apple TV 3rd generation from Olx (India) and vendor told it is working fine, however upon setup, I realised that, It is not able to 'detect' my wifi, where all other my other Apple devices like MBP, iPAD, iPhone and iWatch are able connect with out any issues.

I did all recommend steps from Apple as well updated to latest OS build 8.4.3 (12H876) but in a vain.

Further, doing the internet search, I came to know that this article, Apple says small number of Apple TVs have WiFi issues, opens replacement program.

My device last for digits were : DRHN and 3rd to 6th letters are : 3J5 964.

I realised that, I have been cheated. Now, questions are what are my option ?

I really, appreciate your help in this regards. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 8:02 PM

Please contact the vendor, remember ATV 3’s have been out of production many years.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple TV 3rd generation wifi not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.