Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo transfer

How do you easily transfer pictures from your iPhone to PC? I DO NOT use iCloud and have tried multiple things. Clicking import from Windows Explorer tells me there are no new pictures. When my PC finally recognizes my iPhone XR (all updated and backed up), I try to drag and drop but keep getting an error that a device attached to the system is not functioning. I've entered my passcode on my iPhone to trust this computer (I've connected many times before). All I want to do is put my **** pictures from my **** iPhone to my **** PC. Thank you.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 9:12 PM

Prophet911 Said:

"Photo Transfer: How do you easily transfer pictures from your iPhone to PC? I DO NOT use iCloud and have tried multiple things[...]"

-------

Try these links, directly off of Microsoft:

• Windows 10 - Import Photos and Vdeos from Phone to PC - Microsoft Support
  • Windows 8 - Import Photos and Videos in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Support
  • Windows 7 - Import Pictures to Windows 7 - Microsoft Support

---

Source: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone - Import to your PC - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 9:12 PM in response to Prophet911

Prophet911 Said:

"Photo Transfer: How do you easily transfer pictures from your iPhone to PC? I DO NOT use iCloud and have tried multiple things[...]"

-------

Try these links, directly off of Microsoft:

• Windows 10 - Import Photos and Vdeos from Phone to PC - Microsoft Support
  • Windows 8 - Import Photos and Videos in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Support
  • Windows 7 - Import Pictures to Windows 7 - Microsoft Support

---

Source: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone - Import to your PC - Apple Support

Dec 29, 2019 8:25 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Win 7 (will be upgrading (haha) to 10 soon). iTunes is up to date. I've tried that (photo) process several times after re-starts and updates to both iPhone and PC. I had an iPhone 7 that gave me the same trouble.

My phone will not autoplay when I connect to my PC. I've tried different cables (including original and newer Apple cables), different USB ports on my PC, not using a USB hub, but direct ports on the tower. I've troubleshot the failure to auto play and nothing helps there. I can't even get it to recognize my phone now - I have that issue occasionally and a restart or two usually does that - on the phone and PC.

It seems the only option is to either pay the man to use iCloud then try to xfr from the iCloud site to my PC, buy a Mac or try one of the external flash drives that are supposed to be compatible with iPhones/iPads to get pictures off them, but I'm skeptical of those too.

I'm going to try changing to Win 10 and see if anything is different.

Thanks for the help.

Dec 29, 2019 8:31 PM in response to Prophet911

Actually Windows 10 is worse than Windows 7. With Windows 7, if the iPhone is recognized in File Explorer, just right click on the iPhone and select the Import utility that is part of Windows to export the photos. I never experienced any issues with importing photos with my Windows 7 computer, but the Windows 10 one is crazy difficult. You need to open Photos in Windows 10 before you ever connect the iPhone. Then connect the USB cable to the phone but not the computer. Make sure the iPhone is unlocked, and the home screen visible, then plug it into the computer. You should get prompted to trust the computer and phone. However, before you ever try to import photos, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes downloaded and installed, and after opening it, connect the iPhone to the computer, to ensure that it downloads and installs the latest iPhone driver to the computer. Good luck with all of it.

photo transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.