Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes password will unlock but not lock notes

In Notes, my Notes password will unlock existing locked notes. But the same password will not lock new notes. This began a few months ago and has become a real problem for me. Any suggestions as to what is wrong?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:54 PM

Yes, it had no effect. I have figured out a work-around for this. I found a way to create a new "icloud password" for Notes, and I've been able to use that to lock notes which previously wouldn't lock due to a "wrong" password. Unlocking as mentioned has not been a problem, only locking new notes, until I found this work-around.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 12:54 PM in response to QuickPost

Yes, it had no effect. I have figured out a work-around for this. I found a way to create a new "icloud password" for Notes, and I've been able to use that to lock notes which previously wouldn't lock due to a "wrong" password. Unlocking as mentioned has not been a problem, only locking new notes, until I found this work-around.

Notes password will unlock but not lock notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.