Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect notes password Error

I have the right notes password but notes won't let me lock a new note

The password I'm using will unlock other notes, but it just won't work when I try and lock a new

note I just created. Is there a limit on the amount of locked notes you can

have?

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 8:16 PM

Solution to Notes Password Issue:

Please pass on ......talked to Apple Support and this is what has to be done to resolve this issue.

1. Go to 'Reset' password....NOT 'Change' password.
  2. Reset...when prompted put in your iCloud/ Apple password to proceed
  3. Reset password ...... I chose to use a new password with at least 6 didgets (or letters/symbols) per Johns advice above.
  4. When you get this to work and go to open one of your 'old' locked notes it will ask if you want to Reset all 'old' notes to the new password.
  5. Write down and store NEW password!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2020 8:16 PM in response to Bargain4Biz

Solution to Notes Password Issue:

Please pass on ......talked to Apple Support and this is what has to be done to resolve this issue.

1. Go to 'Reset' password....NOT 'Change' password.
  2. Reset...when prompted put in your iCloud/ Apple password to proceed
  3. Reset password ...... I chose to use a new password with at least 6 didgets (or letters/symbols) per Johns advice above.
  4. When you get this to work and go to open one of your 'old' locked notes it will ask if you want to Reset all 'old' notes to the new password.
  5. Write down and store NEW password!

Incorrect notes password Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.